Tea in a Jar

by - 11/09/2008

I love tea. I can drink tea all day long. For breakfast, at lunch and dinner... and in between. All kinds of tea: black with a drop of flavored Bergamot, with a taste of Jasmin flower, the African rooibos, the Chinese white tea, fruit teas (and they come in so various combinations), the healthy green tea with an accent of lemon, with milk or honey, with cinnamon and nutmeg, with a piece of chocolate and music or just plain. The only thing that I do for more than eight years is that I don't put sugar in it, because I want to feel that special taste and aroma that each has.

Today was a Sunday-project day. I had this in my mind for a long time: to keep my collection of teas in jars. I have found that this way the flavor is kept inside the mixture. I like to personalize things, so this time I made a small painting-calligraphy design on the jars. I colored the lids and wrote some words (the names of the teas) on the jar's walls. This is the result:


(a little note about the picture: I know that coffee is not tea, but I consider it the tea for those sleepy-rainy days and when I miss that strong, dark taste that coffee has)

You are free to follow me and to create your own jars. Below are some basic ingredients:
  • glass jars;
  • acrylic paint;
  • paintbrushes;
  • some good music;
  • and a drop of imagination :)
I hope I have woke up the artist spirit in you :)

(images by victoria molovata)

You May Also Like

1 commentarii

  1. One of my favorite days in Berlin was when we went to pick out tea at a little shop. This project is such a good idea, Vica. We could drink tea forever, just like you. I'm glad you're having the time to do these simple, pleasure-ful projects!
    Katie

    RăspundețiȘtergere